Featured Post

ReStore ReClaimed & RePurposed

Procurement of Style: Maybe you noticed the mysterious little blue tags on items that read “Procurement” while shopping at Ourtowns Re...

Friday, September 9, 2016

Lost and Found: Past Memories Lead To New Found Treasure


Sometimes the best treasure you find at ReStore is something not sold. These old family pictures along with some postcards and other memories were left inside of a drawer of a donated desk. The old postcards were sent from a man traveling back to his girlfriend at the time here in Mooresville. Being a sentimental and cherished token hoarder that I am, I felt that I had to find the proper owner to return them safely back to their home.

I was on a mission!

I was going to devote as much time to this as needed. I was going to look under every rock and around every corner and hit the streets knocking on as many doors as needed until I found this person. This could take months or even years, I thought to myself...


Or it could take like 15 minutes on Google...

 After a bit of Googling, I found an archived news article about Tropic Connections Art Gallery at 230 N. Main St Mooresville, a husband and wife run business built on foundation of their shared passion of travel. My hunch and sleuthing turned out to be right and returned everything back to their overjoyed owner who had thought they had been lost the very next day.

Even though I didn't have the big and adventurous private detective experience that I had been amped up to do, there was still a lot gained. My "treasure" is learning about the roots of a local business I had passed by thousands of times that I always meant to stop in and check out but never found the time. I am so very happy to have an excuse to stop, because this place is just filled with lots of great stuff!

**Update: Turns out that I am not the only one that can cyber hunt for people... I was completely surprised and super excited to receive a very thoughtful thank you card a few days later. How sweet!

Until next time!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment