Featured Post

ReStore ReClaimed & RePurposed

Procurement of Style: Maybe you noticed the mysterious little blue tags on items that read “Procurement” while shopping at Ourtowns Re...

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Post Content

So my spot as a once a month guest blogger for Habitat for Humanity's Restore has taken a turn and for the past few months I have gone from contributor to primary blogger. Which in turn has significantly affected the amount of posts on this page. :(

However, 
I am a huge supporter of Habitat for Humanity and their Restores, and I love everything that this place has done for the community as well as world wide. So I consider it an honor to be able to associated with them and help out where I can. If you are in the Mooresville/Statesville or surrounding area and you would like to take a stab at sharing your ideas and projects, please call or email Amy at 704-896-8957 or awilliamson@ourtownshabitat.org or visit
http://www.ourtownsrestore.org/volunteer/volunteer-opportunities to see other volunteering opportunities.
I have been looking forward to applying for the 2014 Designer Challenge until I actually had the application up and ready to fill out. A realization struck me that if I didn't actually make it in this year, I think I may be more devastated then not making it in last year for the first time.  So after front loading the Restore blog for the next few months worth of projects and allowing myself plenty of "pout time", I finally sucked it up and submitted my application. This year was a bit different in the fact that they wanted your 3 room choices at application versus having them after you found out you had been selected to participate.  So I had to sit down and map out exactly what I would need to pull off one of my 3 choices. Here is what I have come up with:
Solarium/sun porch
Tree fort kids room
Study
Last year, we drew numbers and that is how we got our room pick and I drew #8 (from #1-#8). Only because no one else came up with "wedding reception" is how I landed that one. So I am betting that "tree fort kids room" will be the design I will be creating if I get chosen. I will be sure to keep you all posted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment